Would you like to do something special for a disabled person in need this holiday season? Whether you would like to find braille cards from Santa for a child, or are interested in making a one-time donation to a cause, the following resources will help you locate offerings that benefit the disabled.
Request a letter in Braille from the Utah Foundation for the Blind and Visually Impaired. They will write the letter in contracted and uncontracted Braille, depending on the way the request is written.
Letters to Santa should be mailed to:
- Santa Clause
- C/O UFB
- 2056 West Carriage Ave.
- Riverton, Utah 84065
The 3H Fund are specialists in providing subsidized group holidays for physically disabled people and respite for their carers. When funds are available, they provide grants to families on low income with a physically or mentally disabled dependent to have a modest holiday in the UK.
Contact information for the 3H Fund is as follows:
- 3H Fund (Help the Handicapped Holiday Fund)
- 147A Camden Road
- Tunbridge Wells
- TN1 2RA
- Tel: 01892 547474
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website : www.3hfund.org.uk/
6. Holiday Assistance - Family Welfare Association, Dalston, London
The Family Welfare Association may be able to assist an adult or child have a holiday in the UK. It will accept referrals from a social worker or voluntary agency.
Inquiries should be sent to the following address:
- The Family Welfare Association
- The Grants Administrator
- 501505 Kingsland Road
- E8 4AU
- Tel: 0207 254 6251
The Handicapped Aid Trust (HAT) was set up to make holidays possible for disabled and handicapped people. It recognized that in order for many disabled people to take a holiday, they needed the assistance of a helper. HAT helps in the following ways:
- Gives grants towards the cost of helpers to assist individuals on holiday.
- Gives grants towards the cost of holidays and helpers to give carers a break.
- Gives donations for assisted group holidays, in partnership with other organizations.
The requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must be over 17 years old.
- Applications must be supported by an organization, health or social work professional.
- Deadlines for applications are: 1st February for summer holidays and 1st August for winter holidays.
- Applications are considered only once every two years.
Applications should be sent to the following address:
- Handicapped Aid Trust
- Windmill House
- Church Road
- FY8 5LH
- Tel: 01253 796441
Holidays with Help provides subsidized holidays for individuals, couples and families with disabilities.
Direct inquiries to:
- Mrs Rosemary McIntyre, MBE
- 4, Pebblecombe
- Adelaide Road
- KT6 4LL
- Tel: 0208 390 9752
- email: email@example.com
- website: www.holidayswithhelp.org.uk/index.htm