Recently I was reading about various famous individuals who have had cerebral palsy. They run the gamut from serving in the military, to being famous musicians centuries ago. I'm struck not by their celebrity, but rather their vast accomplishments which is impressive by any standard. Reading their biographies and autobiographies gives you a feeling that anything is possible. The following is a list of just a few of these wonderful individuals:
- Geri Jewell - comedienne and actress (Deadwood, Facts of Life), producer and writer
- Josh Blue - comedian, 'Last Comic Standing'
- Hermann Reichenau - wrote music - Salve Regina (Hail Holy Queen), as well as writing about history, math and astronomy
- John Quinn - author of Someone Like Me - An Unlikely Story of Challenge and Triumph Over Cerebral Palsy, and motivational speaker
- Bonner Paddock - OM Foundation
- Nicolas Hamilton - member of the Disabled Motoring UK team
- RJ Mitte - actor